POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Potato salad makes a perfect side dish, or snack, however I ate this one with bread and some raw salad as a main meal.

I often eat potato salad and you will find several recipes on my blog for different versions of potato salad.

I like anything with potatoes in it and my recipes will reflect this - I far prefer potatoes to the sweeter, more healthy sweet potatoes!

Potato salads are also great to take on a picnic with some thickly sliced buttered bread!

This recipe has no mayonnaise in it like a conventional one, and is a nutty version of a conventional potato salad.

Once again, I have used one of my favourites, peanut butter and I now always buy the "no added sugar" version of this amazing ingredient.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings, as a main

Ingredients
3 medium potatoes
3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (I used a natural one which is not as sweet as supermarket ones)
½ tbsp whole grain mustard
½ tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp minced red onion
salt & pepper
small stick celery, diced
3 tbsp dried cranberries

Method
Cut the potatoes into small cubes, and cover with water in a pot.  Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes are done when stuck with a fork -this will take about 10 minutes at the most and depending on their size - do not overcook or they will go mushy.

Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing together the peanut butter, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, red onion, salt and pepper, and it is also nice if you add a tbsp of chopped parsley.

When the potatoes are done, drain them thoroughly and put them in a large bowl along with the celery, cranberries and the dressing.

Mix all this gently till just combined - if you mix too long the potatoes could mash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pizza Toppings Using Leftovers

Chicken with Walnuts and Hoisin Sauce